Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions on what to bring, where to park, etc.
What are the directions to the Alpine Marina?
Palisades Interstate Parkway
Take Exit 2 off the PIP towards the Park Office and the Parkway Police Station. Then continue all the way down the hill to the Alpine Marina.
George Washington Bridge
Take the upper level and get off on the first exit on the right for the Palisades Interstate Parkway.
Then follow the above directions.
Where do I park?
There is a large parking lot at the Alpine Boat Basin with metered parking operated by ParkMobile.
Where do we meet?
Meet us by Gate 1 at the south end of the Alpine Marina. Call us at 201-492-5299 when you arrive.
What happens if there is a threat of rain?
We have a hard top canopy to keep you dry. Unless extremely adverse weather conditions prevent us from leaving the dock for safety reasons, we will sail in the rain, heat, cold, humidity, etc. Every effort will be made to contact you as soon as we have updated information regarding any extremely adverse weather conditions. However, this is not always possible and may result in a last minute cancellation of your trip, even after you have arrived at the dock. On the day of your sail, if you have any questions regarding the weather, please do not hesitate to call us at 201-492-5299. The captain will make the final decision on weather to sail.
What should I wear and pack?
Sailing during the spring and fall, it is best to dress in layers. It can be cooler at sea than on land; it is advised to bring a jacket or sweatshirt. Boat shoes or sneakers are preferred footwear. Flip flops, open toes, hard soles and high heels are not recommended. At a minimum you should bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
May I bring food or snacks?
Feel free to bring anything you would like to eat or drink. We have a cooler with ice, bottled water, cups, plates, napkins and utensils. Please try to limit the amount of glass items you bring aboard the boat.
May I bring beer, wine, or liquor?
Please do! Adults over the age of 21 may bring beer and wine or liquor. We have a cooler with ice, bottled water and cups. Please try to limit the amount of glass items you bring aboard the boat. Please drink responsibly.
Do I need to bring water?
Bottled water will be provided to all passengers.
I am prone to motion sickness, what do you recommend?
Often seasickness can be avoided by keeping your head up, looking at the horizon, keeping air in your face and staying active. You can try ginger pills, wrist bands or even patches behind your ears (normally prescribed by a doctor.) If you do opt for over the counter medications, please take your choice at least two hours prior to boarding the boat to give the medication time to take effect. There is a varied amount of medication to quell motion sickness. Please consult with your doctor for suggestions.
Can I take more than six passengers?
Due to Coast Guard regulations, we are limited to taking six passengers on a charter.
What if I am running late?
Please try to arrive 15 minutes before your departure time. If you are running late, please call 201-492-5299 ASAP. If you are a no show there will be no recourse for a refund or re-booking of your sail.
Can I smoke on the boat?
Smoking is not permitted on the boat.
Are dogs allowed on the boat?
Animals are not permitted on the boat.
What is a customary gratuity?
A 20% tip is customary on charters. This is not included in the charter price. Our captain and crew work very hard to provide exceptional service.
What is your cancellation policy?
Customers can receive a full refund with 30 days notice of cancellation. Customers can reschedule with 5 days notice. Customers will also be able reschedule in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
What are your terms and conditions?
- Length of time for each trip is flexible in nature due to tides, winds and other weather conditions. Hudson Cat cannot be held responsible for sails that end earlier or later than scheduled.
- Hudson Cat reserves the right to cancel any trip due to adverse weather conditions. Adverse conditions include but are not limited to: excessive winds, thunder and lightning storms and other extreme conditions.
- Please note that sailing will occur during the following conditions: Light rain, cloudy skies, cold or hot temperatures and humid conditions.
- Hudson Cat cannot be responsible for last minute mechanical failures.
- Cancelled sails to due to adverse weather conditions or mechanical failure can be rescheduled. No refunds will be issued.
- Passengers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and are required to wear a life jacket.
- All passengers, parents or guardians are required to sign a release form. No passenger will be allowed go sailing without signing the release form. Refusal to sign a release form will not result in a refund.
- All payments are fully refundable for any COVID-19 related reason. Hudson Cat cannot be held responsible for any transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
Have A Question?
Have a question we didn’t answer? Drop up a message, we’d love to hear from you.