Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions on what to bring, where to park, etc.
What happens if there is a threat of rain?
We have a hard top canopy to keep you dry. Unless extremely adverse weather conditions prevent us from leaving the dock for safety reasons, we will sail in the rain, heat, cold, humidity, etc. Every effort will be made to contact you as soon as we have updated information regarding any extremely adverse weather conditions. However, this is not always possible and may result in a last minute cancellation of your trip, even after you have arrived at the dock. On the day of your sail, if you have any questions regarding the weather, please do not hesitate to call us at 201-492-5299.
What should I wear and pack?
Sailing during the spring and fall, it is best to dress in layers. It can be cooler at sea than on land; it is advised to bring a jacket or sweatshirt. Boat shoes or sneakers are preferred footwear. Flip flops, open toes, hard soles and high heels are not recommended. At a minimum you should bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Where do I park?
If you are arriving by car, go to the Liberty Harbor Marina office, 15 Marin Blvd., Jersey City, NJ 07302 and tell them you are my guests for $5 discounted parking.
Where do we meet?
Meet at the entrance to A Dock by Surf City. Boat slip is A46.
May I bring food or snacks?
Yes, food and snacks can be brought on board. Please try to limit the amount of glass items you bring aboard the boat.
May I bring beer, wine, or liquor?
Please do! Adults over the age of 21 may bring beer and wine or liquor. Please try to limit the amount of glass items you bring aboard the boat. Please drink responsibly.
Do I need to bring water?
Bottled water will be provided to all passengers.
I am prone to motion sickness, what do you recommend?
Often seasickness can be avoided by keeping your head up, looking at the horizon, keeping air in your face and staying active. You can try ginger pills, wrist bands or even patches behind your ears (normally prescribed by a doctor.) If you do opt for over the counter medications, please take your choice at least two hours prior to boarding the boat to give the medication time to take effect. There is a varied amount of medication to quell motion sickness. Please consult with your doctor for suggestions.
What if I am running late will the boat wait for me?
Please try to arrive 15 minutes before your departure time. If you are running late, please call 201-492-5299 ASAP. If you are a no show there will be no recourse for a refund or re-booking of your sail.
What is your cancellation policy?
Customers can receive a full refund with 30 days notice of cancellation. Customers can reschedule with 5 days notice of cancellation. Customers will also be able reschedule in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
What are your terms and conditions?
- Length of time for each trip is flexible in nature due to tides, winds and other weather conditions. Hudson Cat cannot be held responsible for sails that end earlier or later than scheduled.
- Hudson Cat reserves the right to cancel any trip due to adverse weather conditions. Adverse conditions include but are not limited to: excessive winds, thunder and lightning storms and other extreme conditions.
- Please note that sailing will occur during the following conditions: Light rain, cloudy skies, cold or hot temperatures and humid conditions.
- Hudson Cat cannot be responsible for last minute mechanical failures.
- Cancelled sails to due to adverse weather conditions or mechanical failure can be rescheduled. No refunds will be issued.
- Passengers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and are required to wear a life jacket.
- All passengers, parents or guardians are required to sign a release form. No passenger will be allowed go sailing without signing the release form. Refusal to sign a release form will not result in a refund.
Have A Question?
Have a question we didn’t answer? Drop up a message, we’d love to hear from you.